EFFECTIVE DATE: February 17, 2023
Click to review the previous version.
Note: The Terms and Conditions has been updated. Please review the updated document carefully before using the Website. By using the Website, you consent to the terms of the updated Terms and Conditions.
Welcome to Our Internet web site https://www.faxvin.com/ (the "Site" or "Website"). The Site is copyrighted work owned and operated by a legal entity created under the laws of England and Wales namely FAXVIN GROUP LP. with its registered office at 64a Cumberland Street, Edinburgh EH3 6RE, United Kingdom ("We", "Us", "Our" and "FAXVIN").
Please note that we reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms & Conditions at any time. Please check periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to these Terms & Conditions will mean you accept those changes.
REGISTRATION DATA AND PRIVACY
As a user, you need an account and password in order to access the services provided by the website. You can create your account and password by completing the registration form. By creating an account, you agree that any kind of information provided by you is accurate and you will keep your information updated as required.
FAXVIN has long been committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, security and privacy of your personal information. We consider your personal information to be information about you as an identifiable individual that is protected by law.
We’d like you to better understand how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed when you access and use our Site:
- Transactions and inquiries: You may be asked for personal information, such as your name, address or e-mail address.
- Quality assurance: FAXVIN may capture, replay and analyse details of your Site visits to find site errors or issues and understand the impact that transaction failures have on business processes and to improve the operation of the Site.
CONTENT LINKED TO A SITE
Please exercise discretion while browsing the Internet. Please note that certain links on the Site may take you to other websites. We provide these links only as a convenience and not as an endorsement by Us. These linked sites are not necessarily under Our control. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements. We are not responsible for the content of any such linked sites or any other web page which is not part of the Site and under Our control. Unless otherwise expressly provided, We make no representation or warranty regarding, and does not endorse, any linked site or the information, products or services appearing thereon. Please read terms and conditions on these sites carefully before conducting any transaction with them. Accordingly, you agree that We will not be responsible or liable in any way for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in any site linked from the Site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFORMATION
All Content accessible through this Site is protected by copyright. The Content is: Copyright © FAXVIN its affiliates and/or licensors. All rights reserved. Such Content is protected by UK and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. We grant you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use and display on your computer or other electronic access device, the Content for your own personal and non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the Content and that you maintain all copyright and other proprietary notices. Except as provided herein, you agree not to reproduce, make derivative works of, retransmit, distribute, sell, publish, communicate, broadcast or otherwise make available any of the Content obtained through the Site, including without limitation, by caching, framing or similar means, without the prior written consent of the respective copyright owner of such Content.
FAXVIN respects the intellectual property of others and asks that users of our Site do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination of users of our online Site who are repeated infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights. If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) must be provided to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
All the graphics, icons, logo, and other material that is displayed on the website are the sole property of FAXVIN and its affiliates. Any other kind of service mark is the property of respective owners. We do not grant access to the use of these trademarks to any user.
PASSWORD, SECURITY AND USE OF THE SITE
As a user, you are solely responsible for securing your password and account details. We suggest you to take appropriate measures in order to protect your account credentials from any third party. We do not ask for any passwords. You also agree that you are not allowed to transfer or share your account with others and by doing such activities, your account will be suspended or terminated without any warning.
The access to our website is offered for your own personal and non-commercial purposes. We do not allow users to resell or use the website for any commercial purpose. In case we suspect any violation to our policies, we will terminate your account and take other appropriate legal actions against you.
In consideration of the availability, and your use, of the Site, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations and these Terms & Conditions when using the Site. You acknowledge that We may investigate any violations of law and may cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users in this regard.
You are prohibited from:
- using, enabling, facilitating, or permitting the use of the Site for an illegal purpose, criminal or civil offence, intellectual property infringement, harassment (including disruptive, intimidating, annoying or offensive calls/transmissions), or in a manner that would breach any law, regulation or the policies of any Internet host, or cause interference with Our network operations (including preventing a fair and proportionate use by others);
- using or permitting the use of the Site without reading and accepting (or in contravention of) the terms of any separate licence agreement;
- enabling, facilitating or permitting the transmission of unsolicited messages such as spamming or phishing;
- uploading or downloading, making available, transmitting, posting, publishing, disseminating, receiving, retrieving, storing, linking to or otherwise reproducing, offering, distributing, enabling or providing access to information, software, content, files or other material which: (i) is confidential or protected by copyright or other intellectual property rights without prior authorization of the rights holder(s); (ii) is defamatory, discriminatory, violent, obscene, child pornography or hate propaganda; (iii) constitutes invasion of privacy, impersonation, forging, appropriation of identity or unauthorised linking or framing; or (iv) is designed to assist users in defeating technological protection measures (like geoblocks, registration and any other anti-theft mechanisms);
- using the Site for anything other than private, personal, family or household use (such as reselling, remarketing, transferring, sharing or receiving any charge or other benefit for the use of any of Our product);
- adapting, reproducing, translating, modifying, decompiling, disassembling, reverse engineering or otherwise interfering with any software, applications or programs used in connection with the Site (whether owned by or used under license to Us) for any purpose including "testing" or research purposes; or modifying, altering, or defacing any of the trade-marks, or other intellectual property made available through the Site or using any intellectual property except for the express purpose for which such intellectual property is made available to you through the Site;
- posting or transmitting any information or software containing a virus, "cancelbot", "Trojan horse", "worm" or other harmful or disruptive component or committing any act which may compromise the security of your Internet host in any way (including analysing or penetrating a host’s security mechanisms); and
- using harassing or abusive language or actions, whether verbal, written or otherwise, directed at Our employees, suppliers, agents and representatives.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your systems are able to use the Site and IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE AND UPDATE COMMERCIAL ANTI-VIRUS, ANTI-SPYWARE AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON YOUR SYSTEMS THAT ACCESS THE SITE.
TERMINATION OF USE
The users agree that FAXVIN reserves the right (in our sole discretion) to suspend or terminate your access to our website (or any part of the site) without issuing a notice. We may take this action for any reason, including but not limited to the violations of these terms and conditions. We do not tolerate any form of fraudulent activity, abuse and other illegal activities and your account will be terminated as soon as we suspect such activities occurring on your account.
As soon as your account is suspended or terminated (no matter what the reason is), you will not be allowed to get access to our website and you agree that FAXVIN reserves the rights to delete or deactivate your account. The files that are stored in your account will also be deleted and as FAXVIN, we will not be responsible for recovering any data. We are not liable to you or any 3rd party for any kind of claim or damage that might occur due to the termination of your account.
The Site is controlled, operated and administered by FAXVIN from its offices within the UK. FAXVIN makes no representation or warranty that the Site is appropriate or available for use at any locations outside the UK. If you access the Site from outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. These Terms & Conditions shall be interpreted, construed and governed by the English law, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. Subject to the Arbitration and Actions Section below, each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Edinburgh, United Kingdom and to waive any objections based upon venue. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms & Conditions.
Some products referred to on the Site may not be available in all parts of the world. Contact FAXVIN for information regarding the products and services which may be available to you in your area.
Please note that viruses and similar destructive programs are an inherent risk of communication via the Internet.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to prevent contamination of any material sent to you with any virus or similar destructive code.
We do not, to the maximum extent permitted by law, accept any liability for any virus or similar destructive code which computer equipment and/or software used by you may suffer as a result of your accessing our website and/or any other communication via the Internet between you and ourselves.
It is your responsibility to scan what you choose to download from our website to ensure that it is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, logic bombs and other similar destructive code.
You must not introduce any viruses, worms, trojan horses, logic bombs or other similar destructive code to our website, attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which it is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website, nor attack our website using a denial of service attack. To the extent that you do any of these things, we may report such activities and disclose personal data relating to you to any relevant law enforcement agency.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THAT WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS (AS USED IN THIS SECTION, "WARRANTIES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND THAT ANY SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, AND (B) WE SPECIFICALLY MAKE NO WARRANTIES THAT OUR SITE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE, WILL BE PROVIDED ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS OR THAT SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES OR THE RESULTS DERIVED THEREFROM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS. NOTHING IN THE CONTENT SHALL AMEND OR SUPPLEMENT ANY CONTRACT YOU MAY HAVE WITH US FOR ANY PRODUCTS.
RIGHT TO ACCESS AND USE VEHICLE HISTORY REPORTS
As a user, you agree that FAXVIN grants you a non-exclusive, limited, revocable and non-transferable licence in order to gain information and use the Vehicle History Reports that are created by the website for the personal use only and these reports are generated as in accordance with the agreement. We do not allow you to make any kind of alterations or publish, showcase and take part in the transfer or sale, rent, act as some brokers, or grant/ revoke access to any third party, and you are not permitted to exploit these reports in any way that could violate the terms and conditions listed in this agreement. The user understands that we do not allow anyone to copy, redistribute, publish, retransmit or use these reports for any commercial purposes. The download of any material from our website without getting written permission from FAXVIN is not allowed.
All the payments are accepted in the U.S. dollars via an approved payment processor.
When you make a one-time purchase through the Site We will charge or debit your payment method at the time of purchase.
You might have to pay taxes that could be assessed based on your zip code. All sales are final after 60 days.
If any fee is not paid in a timely manner, or your transaction cannot be processed, if your credit card expires or your payment method is otherwise invalid, we reserve the right to suspend, disable, cancel or terminate your access to the services.
As FAXVIN, we tend to establish an individual approach to our members and aim to satisfy all the needs and desires of our users by providing efficient services. In case you are not satisfied with the services, you are able to send cancellation request within 14 days of your purchase. You can contact our customer support department for any question/issue and we will try our best to respond back to you in 24 hours.
If the user purchases a package of reports, i.e. 3 or 5 reports, and uses at least one, they will lose the right to request a refund for the remaining reports.
INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless FAXVIN, its affiliates and licensors and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including all third parties mentioned on the Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from or related to: (a) your breach of any of these Terms & Conditions; (b) your access to or use of the Site or Content; or (c) your use or reliance on, or publication, communication or distribution of anything on or from the Site. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with us in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL FAXVIN, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, AND ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, SAVINGS, GOODWILL OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER FAXVIN HAD BEEN ADVISED OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THE USE, INABILITY TO USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, (B) ANY UNAUTHORISED ACCESS TO OR MODIFICATION TO ANY OF YOUR USER CONTENT, OR (C) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. You expressly acknowledge that FAXVIN has entered into these Terms & Conditions, and has and will make the Site and Content available to you in reliance upon the limitations and exclusions of liability and the disclaimers set forth herein, and that the same form an essential basis of the bargain between you and FAXVIN. You expressly agree that the limitations and exclusions of liability and the disclaimers set forth herein will survive, and continue to apply in the case of, a fundamental breach or breaches, the failure of essential purpose of contract, the failure of any exclusive remedy or termination of this agreement.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MINORS
In cases where you have authorised a minor to use the Site, you recognize that you are fully responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such minor; (b) controlling the minor’s access to and use of the Site; and (c) the consequences of any misuse by the minor. You acknowledge that some of the areas of the Site may contain material that is inappropriate for minors.
Click here to contact us regarding this Terms & Conditions or other related issues.