A Buick VIN decoder processes 17-character codes that you can find on the non-removable parts of the car. Depending on the country of origin, the VIN number is located in different places. For example, the vast majority of cars produced for the US market locate the code under the windshield, which can be viewed without opening the hood of the car.
The VIN number is also applied to the body in a place where the access is difficult. This is done to make any changes to the code very difficult.
This code can also be applied on the iron plate, which can be located under the hood, on the threshold of the driver's door or on the side stand of the driver's door. It is also worth noting that a similar label may be located inside the dashboard. Once you find the code the fun starts.
Since 1980, a common format for the notation of the year of production or model range of produced cars was introduced. For example, if the car was released from 2001 to 2009, you will face a number from 0 to 8. The Buick serial number decoder will prove it by showing you the year.
If the car was produced between 1980 and 2000, you will see letter symbols instead of the figures starting with the Latin letter A and ending with the letter Y. For example, if a Buick car was produced in 1994, you will see a Latin letter R in the code.
Of course, it's easier to use a Buick Regal VIN decoder to save time and get all the information in a few seconds. You can also buy the genuine parts for future repairs if you know the VIN code of your Buick.
Classic Buick VIN Decoder
The classic Buick VIN decoder will provide the following information for you before buying the used car:
- The type and the color of the body. If you see another color, just ask the owner about the reason why he did it. It could be a matter of taste or the need to cover something, especially after the car accident.
- The type of the engine and the type of the fuel to use. You will know what parts you can buy for the future repairs and what fuel to use to prolong the life of Buick.
- The country where the car was manufactured. Buick can be made in the USA, Canada or Mexico.
- Decoder will give you information about the equipment of the car. You will see if there are any changes with it and you will choose the car that's up to your taste.
Where can you find the VIN code on your Buick?
Here are the places:
- on the radiator frame;
- on the left arch of the front wheel;
- on the inside of the hood;
- on the cover of the spare wheel;
- under the padding left / right back side;
- on the inside of the trunk lid.
Buick Sample VIN
- KL4CJGSB9JB506007 — 2018 Buick Encore Essence AWD (1.4L L4 DOHC 16V TURBO), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- 1G4GF5G32EF285097 — 2014 Buick LaCrosse Premium Package 2, w/Leather (3.6L V6 DOHC 24V FFV), SEDAN 4-DR
- 1G4PS5SK4C4152697 — 2012 Buick Verano Leather (2.4L L4 DOHC 16V FFV), SEDAN 4-DR
- 5GAEV23D59J131970 — 2009 Buick Enclave CXL AWD (3.6L V6 DOHC 24V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- 1G4HP57266U208481 — 2006 Buick Lucerne CX (3.8L V6 OHV 12V), SEDAN 4-DR