The Land Rover vin decoder should suit everyone interested in buying this type of car. This brand is always associated with such qualities like practicality, safety, power, smooth adventures on every road and the ease of maintenance.
The interesting factor is that even the oldest models still represent a great choice for many people, no matter how many years have already passed. And chances are, if you are here, you are already thinking about buying one of these road monsters, or you are already close to seal the deal.
We strongly recommend to use a vin decoder Land Rover before you go for any business because you could have to face unexpected surprises. In fact, using our decoder you can make sure that you are not buying a car that maybe has undergone illegal modifications or that was in a car accident.
You can't help but admit it, this kind of information is crucial to be 100% sure that you are not going to make a huge mistake. Moreover, it will make the real market value of the car clearer, so you can avoid losing both time and money with a poor quality car.
If you are buying a used car, it would be wise also to check out on Land Rover community forums some info about Land Rover problems, complaints and recalls. This will reduce the probability of making a bad deal.
Land Rover VIN Number
But maybe you're not so sure of what a Land Rover vin number is, so here's a little explanation.
The vin number is a special identifying number given to every car and can give you lots of useful information about it like: manufacturer, year of production, type of engine, the plant it was produced in, and other essential data. This code is approved worldwide and it was created by the ISO institute, so every car must have this mark.
Another thing you need to remember is that in the Land Rover vin decoder options are not always shown. This depends on the model year because Land Rover did not start to add such detailed information in internet databases until 2010 or so. Therefore, if you put in the vin number of a 2006 model, for example, you should receive just basic information. But if you put in the vin number of a 2011 model, you should have a complete sheet with all the factory specifications, mounted options included.
"But where do I find this number?", you may ask.
- 80 model: Look near the motor casing and on the plaque near the bulkhead. In more recent cars the plaque is within the cabin.
- 86 & 107 model: Look the bulkhead within the car and on the right hand front spring hanger.
- 88 & 109 model: The same as the models above
- Series III 109" V8 (Stage I) For these ones you have to look on the firewall in the motor compartment and on the right hand front spring hanger.
- 90, 110, 130 & Defender: You should look in back of car's left front corner of the windscreen, on the plaque mounted to the head of the brake pedal box, on the right-hand side of the skeleton forward the spring mounting turret.
- Range Rover: For these ones you should find it in the back of car's left front corner of the windscreen, marked on the right hand side skeleton member forward of the front spring mounting turret.
- Discovery: The same as the model above.
And remember to check that the code on the documents and the one you find on car parts match perfectly.
Land Rover Sample VIN
- SALYL2RV8JA741831 — 2018 Land Rover Range Rover Velar P380 R-Dynamic SE (3.0 Li V6), SUV 4-DR
- SALCR2BG9HH665994 — 2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE (2.0L L4), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- SALAG2V63FA765739 — 2015 Land Rover LR4 HSE (3.0L V6 DOHV 24V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- SALFR2BG7DH374899 — 2013 Land Rover LR2 HSE (2.0L L4 DOHC 16V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- SALSH2E47BA281292 — 2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Supercharged (4.2L V8 DOHC 32V SUPERCHARGED), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- Range Rover
- Range Rover Evoque
- Range Rover Sport