Lincoln cars are famous around the globe for their design, specs and the joy they bring to the drivers. If you are the owner of such a car or you only want to buy a used Lincoln, this article is for you. The more you know about the car he better the driving will be. To find out all the details about the soul of the car and its specs, you should know the VIN code. It’s a 17-digit code that consists of letters and numbers.
This code contains a lot of information about the Lincoln car that has been manufactured since 1980 year. If you want to buy an older car, you will see another code that will differ in length and in the way it’s deciphered. If the car is produced for sale on the territory of the US, it always has a VIN number located on the body of the car.
You can find the code easily if you look through the windshield on the driver’s side. You will notice a dashboard with the code on it through the window without the need to open the hood. Check whether all the letters and numbers are clearly visible and use a flashlight if it’s dark outside. Rewrite the code or take a photo of it and paste it into the special field of Lincoln VIN decoder. You should make sure that there are no scratches or any other damages on the surface of the code. If you can’t distinguish any symbol because it’s dirty, ask the owner of the car to clean it.
With the help of decoder, you can find out the following information about the Lincoln car:
- The model year of the vehicle (don’t mix it with the year of production);
- The type of transmission (manual or automatic);
- The engine type and the number of cylinders;
- The type of the fuel;
- The safety equipment (active belts, airbags);
- The color and design of the interior;
- The number of seats;
- Other specs provided by the manufacturer of the car.
VIN Decoder Lincoln
You can decipher the VIN code yourself if you know the meaning of every symbol. Of course, it takes a lot of time, but you can check if the VIN decoder Lincoln that you see on this site works fine. To start deciphering, rewrite the code onto a piece of paper and divide the 17-digit code into six categories:
- World Manufacturer Identification - the first three digits;
- Vehicle attributes - the next five digits;
- The check digit - the ninth character;
- The model year - the tenth digit;
- The plant code - the eleventh digit;
- The sequential number - the last six digits.
You can use the decoder on this site for free with no limits for the number of tries. It’s fast and it always provides reliable data about the Lincoln car. Deciphering the VIN number will help you find out the default specs of the vehicle you want to buy and make the choice of a used car fast and safe. If you see that the data in the report provided by the online decoder doesn’t coincide with the real state of the car, you should ask why the changes were made.
The color can be different, the airbags can be deployed or the engine can be replaced, etc. You should always try to find out the reason for every repair or improvement of the vehicle as it influences the safety of driving. Start using the identification number decoder today with as many VIN codes as you wish.
Lincoln Sample VIN
- 3LN6L5E97JR600243 — 2018 Lincoln MKZ Reserve FWD (2.0L L4 DOHC 16V), SEDAN 4-DR
- 2LMTJ6LR8GBL60682 — 2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve (3.7L V6 DOHC 24V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- 3LN6L2LU7ER825287 — 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Sedan (2.0L L4 DOHC 16V HYBRID), SEDAN 4-DR
- 3LNHL2JCXCR818589 — 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD (3.5L V6 DOHC 24V), SEDAN 4-DR
- 1LNHL9DR2AG605200 — 2010 Lincoln MKS 3.7L FWD (3.7L V6 DOHC 24V), SEDAN 4-DR