A VIN is the abbreviation that stands for a vehicle identification number. It includes 17 characters with numbers and figures. Every vehicle that has been produced for sale in Arizona since 1980 must have this number. The code is created and stamped on non-removable parts of the car by the manufacturer. You can find this code on the following places of your car:
Under the windshield, in the bottom corner on the driver's side, there's no need to open the hood to see the code;
- On the driver's door, it's usually printed on a sticker;
- On the insurance card, you should always compare the code on the card with the one on the car;
- The title and registration of the vehicle.
If you plan to purchase a car, you can use the Arizona VIN check service on this website for free. You can also visit your nearby DMV office in Arizona, but it will take much more time that using the online tool. You can use the code of any car, motorcycle, truck or trailer without having the permission of the owner. The use of the online service is private, so no one will know about it.
With the help of the online VIN check, you can learn the following facts about the car or the bike:
- The engine type, the number of cylinders and the type of the fuel;
- The safety equipment, the data about the belts and the airbags;
- The details about other technical specs that were provided by the manufacturer.
You can decipher the code on your own by searching the meaning of every symbol. For example, the first three characters stand for the manufacturer, the model and the country of the production. The next digits stand for the technical specs of the car. The ninth symbol is the check digit that will tell the online VIN check if the code you have provided is valid or not. Searching for the meaning of every symbol takes much time and efforts while using the online tools is much more convenient and takes a little time.
Arizona VIN Number History
Another thing that you can learn about a car or a bike if you get the VIN code is its history. You will see a complete report about the past of the vehicle you're interested in. You will know about the accidents and repairs if there were any. You can learn the following data about the past of the car or the bike with the help of Arizona VIN number check:
- The today's title details and the past of the titles. You can find out if the cars were used as a taxi, a police car or for rental;
- The information about any flood, salvage facts, odometer rollbacks;
- The history of odometer readings. Every time the car was registered in the territory of Arizona, the data from the odometer was saved;
- The past registrations. You will see the dates and the places where the vehicle was registered;
- The data about road accidents. The safe driving of the vehicle is questionable after serious road accidents;
- The history of natural disasters that damaged the vehicle;
- The data about any liens and loans if there were any. You should make sure everything has been paid off.
Knowing the VIN code has a lot of advantage in comparison with a visual examination of the car. It can help you purchase a safe car and save your time from unnecessary actions such as meeting with the car owners that can offer you a car or a bike after being fully repaired or after a flood. Using the online check is free and there are no limits for the amount of checks.