When it comes to the market of used vehicles, no-problem cars are hard to find. The expensive ones often get stolen or used as liens. The out-of-road and sport cars like Jeep or Chrysler are likely to be damaged by flood or other environmental disasters. Jeep VIN check helps car buyers learn more about the car history before purchasing a possible death trap.
A VIN, or a vehicle number system has been used for identifying cars since the mid fifties. Every number consists of 17 characters and refers to the manufacturer, specs, and age of a particular vehicle. A VIN is associated with car title and other registration documents, which gives a detailed account of the car history, provided that you have a database. Our service matches the records from various sources with the number that you insert and returns the brief history of a vehicle in question. This way, the deal becomes much safer than without any online checkup.
This online tool works with numerous sources of data like insurance companies, car inspection and repair services, online databases, records of accidents, arson cases, floods, and other disasters. Some data is arbitrary, like the information that we get from the dealers; in such cases, it is backed up by other sources.
If you want to purchase an out-of-road car that has already been used, it is better to know what this car has been through. The same applies to the cars you borrow.
To begin the check, find the car VIN. The first place to look is the lower right corner of the windshield, close to the driver's airbag. Next, inspect the door: you are likely to find a sticker on its jamb. Last but not least, check the firewall. Other places to look include the documents and the online records returned by license plate search.
Having found the number, proceed to the online form. Type the number there and wait for a few minutes.
Quite soon, Jeep VIN number check will show you some amazing details about the car:
- The number of the people who owned it before.
- A special warning if that ownership was or is illegal.
- The title of the car and any strange things that may happen to it (like brand washing).
- Notifications about repossessions, liens, or other suspicious contracts. Vehicles are used in loan deals more often than we want to know.
- The model, the make, and the car platform.
- The color (useful for identifying re-painted salvaged vehicles).
- Engine specs.
- Log of all accidents and/or other wrongdoings of the previous drivers.
- Records about the last inspection.
- Issues with registration.
- Notes about the car being recalled by manufacturer due to major defects.
- Odometer readings, which are notorious for being tweaked in all states of America.
In fact, the only thing that is prohibited to expose online is personal data of the car owners (that is not provided in our free service). As we protect the customers, we also don't collect the data of those who check the VIN.
Please note that no matter how well you search, there are other ways to trick auto market customers. Some dealers may use fake license plates or VIN numbers. So, it is recommended to pay attention to all the circumstances of the deal like additional guarantees, the tone of conversation, the consequences of test drive and the possibility to inspect a car on your own. If you come across a non-working VIN number or an outdated license plate, it may be useful to inform the police or the local DMV. Use whatever means to protect yourself and drive your Jeep safely!
- Grand Cherokee