RAM trucks were presented in 1981 which was the year when the first VIN codes started to be assigned. Despite the fact that Dodge RAM was the symbol of the Dodge cars for a long time, the new vehicles became to the taste of the drivers soon after the first manufacture. If you want to feel a true spirit of the drive and be sure that your car is sold legally, you should learn what a RAM VIN number is and how you can check it.
It's better to see once than to read many times about the same thing. Where can you find the VIN code on your RAM car? There are several locations such as:
- Under the windshield on the driver's side of the car. You can see it without the necessity to open the hood;
- Under the headlights, on the support bracket of the radiator;
- Under the passenger's feet;
- On the door frame of the driver.
Let's take a look at how the Dodge RAM VIN decoder deciphers the number of the RAM vehicle. Here's an example code: 1C6RD3CL6GG100989. Without the decoder, this code says nothing to you and to us. However, the first three numbers determine the country where the RAM was released, the name of the company and the type of the vehicle. Here we have the American truck manufactured by the Fiat Chrysler Automotive corporation. The R symbol stands for the hydraulic brakes, side airbags for all the passengers. Your code can differ depending on the equipment of the truck.
What you can find out more is the position of the seats, their number, the number of cylinders in the engine. In our example we have a 6.7-liter and 6 cylinder diesel turbo engine. It sounds quite convincing for all strong cars lovers. There's a special symbol that serves to be the spy on other figures, it's the check digit. It shows whether the code is valid or not.
Dodge RAM Truck
To find out the information about the RAM that we gave you as the example above doesn't require reading tonnes of texts and googling dozens of sites. Dodge RAM truck VIN decoder can do this in a few seconds. You know how it works and what results it can give you. Let's figure out when you should use the services of the decoder and how it can help you with purchasing the RAM vehicle. The main thing that you have to find out when you're looking for a truck is where it was produced and for what market.
If you see that the car was manufactured no for the US market, there can be confusing cases about the code. There are some European countries where it's not obligatory to assign the VIN code for the vehicle. So you may think that it's not a valid number. Take a look at the different parts of the car where the code is stamped or stuck to and compare them with the one you find on the registration card. If they are the same, you can proceed right to the decoding process.
If you want to buy a RAM truck, pay attention to the equipment you see on the card and in the car. Check the color, the interior details and the safety items such as the presence of the airbags. If the least is missing, than the car has been probably in a car accident or there are some other problems it has faced some repairs before. Use the RAM VIN decoder to make the choice and the purchase of the car safe and secure.
RAM Sample VIN
- 1C6RR7NT7JS110775 — 2018 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4WD (5.7L V8 OHV 16V), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR
- 1C6RR7FT7GS181580 — 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman Quad Cab 4WD (5.7L V8 OHV 16V), EXTENDED CAB PICKUP
- 3C6UR5GLXDG562484 — 2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn Edition Crew Cab SWB 4WD (6.7L L6 OHV 24V TURBO DIESEL), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR
- 3C63D3EL4CG137066 — 2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4WD (6.7L L6 OHV 24V TURBO DIESEL), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR
- 3D6WH48L49G500383 — 2009 Dodge RAM 3500 Quad Cab 4WD (6.7L L6 OHV 24V TURBO DIESEL), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR
- ProMaster City