Every truck is produced with the unique vehicle identification number consisting of 17 characters. This code is like a DNA for a human because there are no two same codes. A commercial VIN check can give you the facts about the past life of the truck in a form of report. You can find out whether the vehicle was ever damaged, repaired, got into accidents on and off the road. You will see how many miles it has passed from the day it was manufactured and so on.
The truck VIN lookup is very valuable because it can save you from buying a stolen or seriously damaged. You can find the VIN in the registration card, on non-removable parts of the truck and in the corner of the windshield on the driver's side. You don't have to open the hood to see it. If you notice any damages on the surface, you should use the flashlight to examine it. Some sellers change the code of stolen trucks, so you should be careful with it. You can use the flashlight to carefully examine every inch of the code to make sure it was stamped by the manufacturer.
There are some states in the US where you're obliged to pay for the history report if you want to buy a used truck. If you don't live in one of these states, you can order a free VIN check. It's a great opportunity to pick up one or several variants of the trucks without wasting your money. When you've chosen one to buy, you can get a full VIN check and make sure there are no dark aspects of the history of this vehicle.
Truck History by VIN
Before you make a purchase, you should order a truck history by VIN. The information sheet that you get is a readable document that you can view on the screen or print it out for the ease of use. You can find out the following facts about the vehicle:
- The title information. You can see the current title holder of the tuck, the latest information from the odometer reading as well.
- The information about any liens or loans on the truck. You should get the proofs that the loan has been paid off or you will have to do this on your own.
- The mileage. You will see how many miles passed before the latest registration in your region.
- You will find out the registration details of the truck, the place where it was registered for the first and all the further times.
- The facts about all the accidents that happened on the road or off the road. There will be one and the same information after car accidents and some natural disasters.
The information you receive from the report is highly valuable every time you plan to buy a used truck. A visual inspection of the vehicle cannot give you full information about how safe it will be to drive it. If you want to sell, ordering a full VIN check can help you sell it in a short period of time. The buyer will see that the history of the truck is good and will buy it for the price you want. However, there might be some facts that you didn't know in case you're not the first owner. In the case of any accidents or damages in the past, you will have to make the price lower and explain the buyer the reason for it.