Drivers often face the situation that they want to buy a car, but they get a little information from the owner plus a 17-digit code that says nothing to them. It seems that the code is uninformative, but this is not so. The Dodge VIN decoder will prove this fact. There are a lot of websites offering the decoding services. However, most of them do not provide the full information about the car.
If you want to find out the type of the body, the type of the engine or even what kind of fuel to use, you should pick up a reliable Dodge decoder. How to choose it? Pay attention to the site that gives you as much information as possible before you even enter the code into a special field. There's nothing to hide if the owners of the site have a reliable tool.
What is the VIN code? A vehicle identification number is a set of letters and numbers that indicate a car. There's only one code for one car. If you want to buy a Dodge car that was manufactured after the 1980s, there will be a VIN code on it. Where to find it? It's under the windshield on the driver's side. Where to find the VIN number decoder Dodge? You can find it on this website.
Let's take Caliber as an example. It has the plate number of the motor. The label is located on the bottom in the rear of the engine on the passenger side, you will see the last 8 digits of the VIN code. This allows you to determine if there were any changes with the car engine or not. The Dodge truck VIN decoder will show you the type of the body, so you can check this information with your eyes.
Dodge Sample VIN
- 2C3CDZGG0JH112887 — 2018 Dodge Challenger GT (3.6L V6 DOHC 24V), COUPE 2-DR
- 2C4RDGBG6ER405565 — 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SE (3.6L V6 DOHC 24V), SPORTS VAN
- 3D4PH1FG6BT568196 — 2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet AWD (3.6L V6 DOHC 24V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- 1B3HB28B68D678627 — 2008 Dodge Caliber SE (2.0L L4 DOHC 16V), HATCHBACK 4-DR
- 1D4HS58N23F515418 — 2003 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD (4.7L V8 SOHC 16V), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
Dodge Truck VIN Decoder
If you want to buy a used car, you should definitely use the Dodge truck serial number decoder. The code is like a human's DNA that can give all the information about the vehicle from the color of the car to the number of seats in it. You should also check the code even if you want to buy a new car. You will see the real year when the car was manufactured. Just find the code and type it into a special field on the website. You will get a full report in a few seconds.
Here are the places where you can find the VIN code:
- in the frame of the radiator, on the left arch of the front wheel;
- on the front left side door pillar (Stratus / 1995-2000 , Dakota / 1997-2004, Durango / 1998-2004);
- left middle strut (Intrepid / 1998-2004);
- on the top of the front right wheel arch (Intrepid / 1993-1997);
- a heat-proof casing bulkhead (Stratus / 2001-2004);
- the flip side of the hood, left front corner (Dakota / 1987-1996);
- on the left a-pillar (Caravan, RAM).
What can you do to check the car before buying it? Examine the car yourself by sitting down near it and looking closely at all the angles of it. The doors and the body should make a smooth surface without any deviations. The wheels should match and the traces of wear should be the same.
If you don't have a possibility to see the car with your eyes, the VIN code decoder will tell you as much information about the Dodge car as you need to make a decision about the purchase.