VIN decoder Chevrolet is designed for everyone who wants to buy this car. Why do you really need it? Chevrolet cars are divided into two main races such as the native American models and the cars manufactured by GM-DAT. GM-DAT (General Motors - Daewoo Automotive Technologies) is the Korean branch of GM created on the basis of the automotive Department of "Daewoo Motors Co" of Daewoo concern. The Chevrolet VIN decoder will show you the difference.
This Department inherited from the DAEWOO model range and the structure of Chevy VIN numbers is different from the US models. If the VIN of the Chevrolet car begins with a WMI (international code of the manufacturer) and beginning with the digit 1...5 (the factories located in North America), it is an American Chevrolet.
In the Chevrolet truck VIN decoder, pay attention to the first letters or figures. If the first letter is K or S (manufactured at the Polish FSO plant for the European market) is a Korean Chevrolet. But "the Koreans" can be supplied with VIN corresponding to the "Americans" in some markets, which fully meets the standard. Therefore, use a classic Chevrolet VIN decoder to buy the real American.
Decoding of the VIN code with the help of VIN decoder Chevy will help you avoid buying a stolen car. You will compare the information that was decoded with the real state of affairs with the car. For example, you can compare the colour, the type of transmission. You can check even the number of doors and the type of the body. You can also find out the number of owners of the Chevrolet besides the country where it was manufactured.
Decode Chevy VIN
Before you start using a Chevrolet serial number decoder, you should compare it on the registration card and on the parts of the car. There are some people that can sell a stolen car with a different code but that looks like a copy of the original vehicle. Luckily, you can use a Chevy VIN decoder even on your phone, so you can check the seller and the car right when buying it.
All cars manufactured by the General Motors Corporation in the U.S. market have the label of the VIN code of the vehicle on the dashboard under the windshield. Also, since 1985 all Chevrolet set service plate (Service Parts Identification) contain information about the VIN code of the car. The Chevrolet VIN decoder will not give a 100% guarantee about the cars manufactured prior that time.
The list of places where you can find the VIN code depending on the model of your Chevrolet (use the code from the registration card to decode Chevy VIN and find out where you can find it on your car):
- Beretta / Malibu (2004) — under the spare wheel;
- Cavalier / Corsica / Metro (1998-2001) — on the cover of the spare wheel;
- Caprice (sedan/waggon 1991-1996) — on the inside of the trunk lid, beneath the upholstery of the right rear sidewall;
- Camaro / Corvette (2000-2004) / Tracker (1998-2004) — on the inside part of the door of a glove compartment;
- Impala (2000-2004) / Lumina / Monte Carlo / Malibu Classic (1997-2004) — on the cover of the spare wheel on the inner side of the tailgate;
- Corvette (1997-1999) — under the left rear sidewall;
- Impala (1994-1996) — on the inner side of the tailgate;
- Prizm (1998-2002) — on the rear strut, right rear door, right front door;
- Corvette (1984-1996) — on the rear strut, right rear door, right front door, under the central console, under the spare wheel;
- All SUVs and minivans — under the left rear sidewall, on the inner side of the door of the glove box.
Chevrolet Sample VIN
- 2GNAXMEV5J6113339 — 2018 Chevrolet Equinox Premier (1.5L L4 DIR DOHC 16V TURBO), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR
- 1G11H5SL6EF132467 — 2014 Chevrolet Malibu 1TZ (2.5L L4 DOHC 16V), SEDAN 4-DR
- KL1TD5DE4AB042205 — 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LS (1.6L L4 DOHC 16V), SEDAN 4-DR
- 2GCEC13J381248282 — 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (5.3L V8 OHV 16V), CREW CAB PICKUP 4-DR
- 3GNFK16ZX5G266118 — 2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4WD (5.3L V8 OHV 16V FFV), SPORT UTILITY 4-DR